Did you know that Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for teens, and roughly 1/3 of these accidents involve alcohol or another substance. Via dosomething.org here are some facts about driving under the influence:
- Impairment is not reliant upon the type of alcohol consumed, rather the number of drinks over a certain period of time. Despite myths and misconceptions, coffee, a cold shower, or exercise will not make a person more sober; only time will.
- On average, a drunk driver will drive 80 times under the influence before their first arrest.
- Every 51 minutes in America, someone is killed in a drunk driving crash. That equates to 27 people every day. Offer to be your parents’ designated driver to ensure that everybody gets home safe.
- For drivers under 21, the U.S. has a No Tolerance policy that does not allow any alcohol to be in the blood system while behind the wheel. The consequences could include expensive fines, loss of license or jail.
- Someone is injured in a drunk driving incident every 120 seconds.
- Between 50 to 75% of the people who have had their licenses revoked due to driving under the influence drive illegally without their license.
- Traffic accidents are the leading cause of death for teens, and roughly 1/3 of these accidents involve alcohol or another substance.
- Since the early 1980s, alcohol-related traffic deaths per population have been cut in half with the greatest proportional declines among persons 16-20 years old.
- Kids and teens who get involved with alcohol at a young age are 7 times more likely to be involved in an alcohol-related crash in their lives.
Have you been in an auto accident? Call us today at Sariol Legal Center for a free, no-obligation quote to see what compensation you can obtain | 1-866-800-9399